The background was set as the space image (Image source: The lego bricks are taken from the official web site.  Once the individual images had been cut out using mostly the quick selection tool, I decided to make it easier for myself and created folders for each group of items, so had a folder
for text, bricks, can etc.

The most challenging and fun part for me once ‘playing’ with the film title ‘The Block Wars’.  I decided to make it look stricking and as I’m a Sci-fi fan decided to go for that sort of styling.  This was a good test as it was a case of looking into each of the blending options.  Once the basic style was done, I created a second layer and reversed the styling so to give the shadow effect, the text still did not look ‘right’ so i decided to change the background to the one listed above, and then decided to do a couple of boxes to sort of edge the name.  This looked a lot better, once i was happy with the style i then copied it using the ‘alt’ key and dragged it over the other titles.

The ‘standard’ movie poster credits i just wanted them to stand out so used a outer glow effect and set it to a red – gave the best look as it was over the different coloured bricks at the bottom of the page.  The bricks needed some darking as some of them where too bright, this was done by doing the effect ‘Inner Shadow’.  In this options I increased the ‘distance’ and changed the opacity to give an overall darker look.  Once this was done the Legoman looked wrong, so did the same effect until he blended into the image better.

The movie classfication was taken from the offical BBFC site, and was again just cut out using the quick selection tool, and then used the refine edge option, to get a fuller image.

I quite enjoyed doing the movie poster, and thought choosing my own idea for a movie poster would allow me to use more features of PS and allow me to show some of the skills I have learnt during the module.  I felt if I just went and did a real movie and then just ‘cut/shut’ my image onto a ‘real’ poster would not have given a fair chance to display my PS knowledge.

Final PSD Image